Most people are aware that personal injury law is designed to help them recover compensation for damages or losses suffered in an accident. However, most people are not aware of the types of compensation to which they may be entitled following a serious accident. That is why it is crucial to have an experienced lawyer on your side to help you recover the full and fair compensation you deserve.
At Soloff & Zervanos, P.C., our Philadelphia attorneys have been standing up for the rights of injured victims in Pennsylvania and New Jersey for more than 25 years. We are prepared to take on any personal injury case, and we will let you know your rights and the losses that you can financially recover. Contact us online or call 215-929-7216 to schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your situation.
Potential Forms Of Personal Injury Compensation
Personal injury compensation following a motor vehicle accident is not necessarily limited to your immediate medical bills and property damage. Depending on the type of accident and the harm that was suffered, a number of different forms of compensation may be available, including:
- Lost wages: If an injury leaves you unable to work, either temporarily or permanently, it only makes sense that you should be compensated for the income you would have otherwise earned.
- Medical expenses: Most people understand and expect that their medical expenses relating to their treatment immediately following an accident will be part of any compensation request. However, other medical expenses, such as ongoing treatments, necessary medical devices, in-home health care and other medical items also need to be taken into account when pursuing a compensation award.
- Loss of future income: Some injuries may prove to be life-altering, and you may be unable to return to the job that you held prior to your accident. We can help determine the amount of income you would have enjoyed had you not been injured in your accident.
- Property damage: We can help you recover the value of your vehicle, household valuables and any other property that may have been damaged or lost as the result of an accident.
- Loss of consortium: This is a legal term of art that most commonly refers to the relationship between spouses. If you have lost your significant other in a fatal accident, or if your spouse has been severely physically or mentally disabled as a result of the accident, we can help you pursue damages for loss of consortium.
- Pain and suffering: If an accident has left you with lingering physical or psychological trauma, you are entitled to compensation for pain and suffering. This can be a rather abstract concept. Our attorneys can explain what it may mean in your case, and we understand how to fight for your pain and suffering.
- Death benefits: If the injuries from an accident prove to be fatal, we can help surviving family members pursue a wrongful death claim. Although no amount of compensation can make up for the loss of a loved one, the law allows for specific damages to the beneficiaries of an estate. These individuals are often surviving family members including the spouse, parents, sisters, brothers and both minors and adult children.
Contact The Law Firm Of Soloff & Zervanos, P.C.
If you or a loved one has been injured in any type of accident, you may be entitled to a wide range of potential financial compensation. Contact us online or call 215-929-7216 for a free initial consultation. With office locations in Philadelphia, Allentown, Reading and Lancaster, Pennsylvania, in Cherry Hill, New Jersey, and New York, we are conveniently located to help serve your needs.