Most of us lead busy lives and the last thing we need to worry about when we go somewhere is getting hurt. Unfortunately, we know that there are times when property owners or their employees are negligent in their duties. Their negligence can cause major injuries.
At Soloff & Zervanos, P.C., we want to be your advocate. These cases can become incredibly complex and the property owner may even blame you for your own injury. We will work to secure the compensation you deserve when you need a Philadelphia premises liability attorney.
What Can Happen?
When you think of people getting injured on another person’s property, you probably think first of slip and fall incidents. In fact, slip and falls are the number one cause of premises liability cases, leading to over 1 million ER visits annually. These incidents are often preventable. Property owners and their staff need to ensure that all floors are kept dry and that wet areas are cordoned off and appropriate signs are posted.
Aside from slip and fall incidents, there are any other ways that people get hurt.
- Chemicals are used at just about any location, whether for cleaning purposes or as part of their business operations. It is important that all chemicals are used and stored appropriately to prevent unauthorized persons or guests from accessing them. On the same note, pool chemicals must be used properly. There are many cases of injuries and deaths each year due to chemicals like chlorine being used incorrectly.
- Parking lots are often neglected by property owners, sometimes seen as an afterthought. However, uneven surfaces and broken curbs can cause a person to trip and fall. A fall onto the concrete can cause serious injuries.
- Store shelved and displays need to be properly maintained and regularly inspected. If they are not, this can cause items to fall onto patrons.
- Restaurants should always store and cook food appropriately in order to prevent illnesses. There are many state and federal regulations that restaurants must follow.
- Private residence owners are also responsible for the safety of their guests, much the same way that store owners are. All hazards should be taken care of or guests should be warned of potential danger.
*If you do not see your injury cause on this list, that is okay. Always speak with a qualified attorney before making any decisions.
Hurt On Someone Else’s Property?
When you go to the store or over to someone’s house, the last thing you should have to worry about are hazardous conditions. Unfortunately, we know that the negligence of property owners and the people who work for them often causes injuries.
At Soloff & Zervanos, P.C., we are going to have your back. Our qualified and experienced team will work diligently to secure compensation for the following:
- All of your medical expenses
- Lost income if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages