When you buy something for yourself or your family, you expect it to be safe. Products that make it to the market should only be there after passing inspections and safety tests. However, we know that defective products cause injuries and fatalities all the time.
At Soloff & Zervanos, P.C., we understand that faulty product cases can become incredibly complex. We also know that you need compensation for all of your injury or illness-related expenses. When you need a Philadelphia product liability attorney, contact us today.
Think about how many products you use on a daily basis. From the food you make for breakfast to the vehicle you use to get to work and everything in between, you probably use hundreds of items each day. However, we know that defective products make it to the market.
The government website that tracks all current recalls paints a grim picture. Faulty products are in every industry:
- Medical devices
- And more
We would like to think that the products that make it to the shelves or that we buy online are completely safe for us, but there are thousands of injuries and illnesses in the US each year caused by faulty products. In many cases, illnesses are not discovered until years after a person has used or continues to use a product.
What Causes Products To Be Defective?
Typically, products become defective in one of three ways:
- Poor Design: If a product has a poor design that is not discovered in testing and makes it to the market, it can cause injuries or illnesses. Poor designs can affect any product, whether it is meant to be used or consumed.
- Manufacturing Error: Even well-designed products can experience errors during manufacturing that alter them from their original design. This can have the same effect on the consumer as a poorly designed product.
- Labeling Issues: When a product is labeled incorrectly, it misleads consumers. This can mean that ingredient lists or dosages are incorrect. It can include hazards or warnings not being on the label or instructions being incorrect.
Regardless of how a product is defective, it can cause major consumer illnesses or injuries. A company or manufacturer should be held responsible when this happens.
What Your Attorney Will Do
We know that you may have many questions if you or a loved one have been injured by a faulty product. At Soloff & Zervanos, P.C., we are here to help you find answers. We will investigate your case and work to secure compensation for all of your incident-related expenses. This can include:
- Coverage of your medical expenses
- Recovery of lost wages if you are unable to work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Punitive damages against the company or manufacturer
Just because these cases are complex does not mean that we will back down. We will have your back when you need a Philadelphia product liability attorney. You can contact us by clicking here or calling us at 215-929-7216.