It seems like Uber is everywhere. The thought of getting into a stranger’s private vehicle is no longer a foreign concept, but how often do you think about safety when you use a ridesharing service? Uber drivers are prone to making the same driving mistakes as everyone else when they are on the roadway.
If you have been injured due to the negligence of an Uber driver, Soloff & Zervanos, P.C. is ready to help. We will investigate your case and work to secure the compensation you need for all of your incident-related expenses. When you need a Philadelphia Uber accident attorney, call us today.
What Can Happen?
Have you ever thought about becoming an Uber driver? We bring it up because the process is not all that difficult. Really, all a driver needs to have is one year of driving experience under their belt and a vehicle that meets the requirement.
Sounds safe, right?
Unfortunately, we know that Uber accidents do happen and they affect both the passengers inside the Uber vehicle as well as anyone who is struck by the Uber vehicle. This can include passengers in other cars, motorcyclists, pedestrians, and bicyclists.
What can go wrong?
We would like to think that each Uber driver follows all traffic laws, but they can, and do, make reckless decisions sometimes. This can include:
- Operating their vehicle while impaired by drugs or alcohol
- Driving while distracted by their phones or other devices
- Speeding or operating their vehicle recklessly
Injuries from car accidents are usually minor, but please know that even minor injuries need to be examined and they can become costly. For major injuries, the expenses can become tremendous.
Who will cover these expenses?
In the aftermath of an accident caused by an Uber driver, things become complex. Yes, Uber does insure their drivers when they have a fare and while they are waiting for one. However, that does not mean the company is going to simply offer a settlement. If the Uber driver was negligent, you are going to have to prove it.
- Ensure police are involved
- Get copies of all police reports
- Document the scene with your phone (videos or photos)
- Seek medical treatment for any injury, regardless of how minor
- Get copies of all medical reports
- Follow all doctor’s orders
Then, it is time to consider seeking legal assistance.
Your Next Steps
The last thing you should have to worry about is a ridesharing driver’s negligence causing you harm. Unfortunately, Uber accidents do happen and Soloff & Zervanos, P.C. is here when you need help. We will investigate your case, examining every detail. Our goal is to ensure that you get compensation for all of your crash-related expenses. This can include:
- Coverage of medical expenses
- Recovery of lost wages if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Punitive damages against Uber or the driver