Following These 10 Steps Will Significantly Help Your Claim For Compensation
Consulting an attorney after a serious motor vehicle crash is crucial, but before you consult an attorney, you can give yourself a big leg up with these tips. Please call our team at Soloff & Zervanos, P.C., at any time in the process, but be sure to take action on these items to the extent you are able.
- Call the police immediately after any significant property damage or injury occurs.
- Gather evidence by taking pictures. Do not move or take away any pieces of the accident scene if you don’t have to. Take pictures of vehicle positions, license plates, debris on the road, car damage, injuries, road conditions and street signs.
- Get witness contact information, including home addresses.
- Get police officer contact information, including badge numbers.
- Exchange insurance information with other drivers and do not discuss who was at fault in the crash until you have spoken with a lawyer.
- Do not refuse medical attention or an ambulance. You need medical attention as soon as possible, and getting medical attention immediately will help your case for personal injury compensation in the long run.
- Tell medical professionals about everything that hurts and get treated. Your insurance company will only pay for medical costs and injuries that are officially documented.
- Follow the treatment instructions prescribed by every doctor you see.
- Call your insurance company to report the car crash as soon as possible.
- Keep an ongoing record of all discussions you have with police, medical professionals and insurance providers regarding your accident and resulting injuries.
Do not consent to a recorded statement with any insurance provider, and do not agree to a settlement offer without speaking with a personal injury attorney first.
Other Concerns You May Have Following A Car Crash
Do not worry about your medical costs or insurance premiums going up after a serious crash. Getting the medical treatment you need and making a claim as soon as possible are vital to your full and fair recovery. The team of experienced attorneys at Soloff & Zervanos, P.C., will aggressively pursue the maximum compensation you deserve through insurance coverage and a personal injury lawsuit. We will work in your best interests alone, and we only get paid if we help you successfully secure a settlement or jury award.
We will guide you through the entire legal process, relieve you of legal burdens, manage all communications with insurance companies and help you manage financial and medical concerns. We are a full-service personal injury law firm with over 25 years of experience serving victims and families throughout Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey.
Please call us 24 hours a day at 215-929-7216. We provide convenient office locations in Philadelphia, Reading, Lancaster, Allentown, Cherry Hill, New Jersey and New York.