Most of us know that there is a possibility that we will get into a car crash. That is why we do our best to drive safely. However, we cannot control the actions of other drivers around us. Sometimes, their negligence can cause injuries.
When you need a Philadelphia car accident attorney, Soloff & Zervanos, P.C. are ready to step in and help. Our knowledgeable and experienced team of car accident lawyers understands that these cases can become complex, but we want to ensure you get the compensation you deserve when another person causes you harm.
The Crash Reality
We know that driving can be hectic in and around the city. We know that there were 128,188 traffic crashes reported to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation during the latest reporting year. Out of those, there were:
- 1,137 fatalities
- 80,612 injuries
While we realize that most traffic crash injuries are relatively minor, please know that even minor injuries can lead to major medical expenses. For major injuries, the costs can become overwhelming. Consider the following common injuries we encounter after vehicle crashes:
- Spinal cord injuries (with possible paralysis)
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal organ damage/internal bleeding
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations or amputations
Each of those injuries requires immediate medical care. In many cases, multiple surgeries and extended periods of rehabilitation are necessary for a person to make a full recovery. In the worst-case scenario, a crash victim is permanently disabled and in need of costly lifelong care.
What many people do not consider are the hidden costs associated with vehicle crashes. This can include:
- Lost wages of the victim and/or a family caregiver
- Any necessary home or vehicle accommodations
- In-home therapy or care/medical devices
- Emotional or psychological damages
How They Happen
There are times when fault cannot be assigned to a driver, but there are many cases in which another person’s negligence contributed directly to the crash.
- During the latest reporting year, 26% of all traffic fatalities were alcohol-related incidents. Impaired drivers are a danger to everyone in and around the roadways.
- Distracted drivers, those who pay more attention to their phones or other devices, can be just as dangerous as impaired drivers.
- Speeding drivers cause more crashes than anyone else on the roadways.
If You Have Been Injured
Please do not speak with insurance companies before you seek help from a qualified car crash attorney. If your crash was caused by another person’s negligence, you may be eligible for more compensation than you think. At Soloff & Zervanos, P.C., we will be your advocate, working to ensure you get what you deserve. This can include:
- Compensation for your medical bills
- Lost wages and benefits if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Possible punitive damages
Let us get to work so you can focus on recovering and being with your family. If you need a Philadelphia car accident attorney, you can contact us by clicking here or calling us at 215-732-2260. There is no reason for you or your family to suffer financially because of another person’s negligence.