Philadelphia Personal Injury Lawyers - Determining Liability
If you have been injured in a commercial truck accident, it may be possible to file suit against multiple parties. At the law offices of Soloff & Zervanos, P.C., serving Lancaster and beyond, a personal injury lawyer with extensive experience in truck accident litigation can review your case and determine which parties can be considered liable for damages. Filing suit against all of the liable parties helps ensure that you obtain just and fair financial compensation for your losses. Our Philadelphia-area personal injury attorneys are committed to holding negligent parties accountable for their actions and strongly believe that victims should have the right to file claims against any and all parties responsible for their injuries. If you or someone you love has been injured in a truck accident, contact our law firm today to schedule a free consultation.
Who can be held liable?
Trucking operations can be very complex, and they often involve multiple parties. As such, trucking accidents can occur for a variety of reasons. In fact, many of the most common causes involve the negligent actions of third parties. Our Philadelphia-area personal injury attorneys can review your case if you have been injured in a trucking accident through no fault of your own and advise you on the best way to proceed with your claim. It may be possible to file a lawsuit against one or more of the following parties:
- Truck Driver - If a truck driver operates his or her vehicle in a reckless manner and is determined to be at fault, you can file a claim against the driver.
- Truck Owner or Equipment Owner - The owner or operator of the truck has a legal and professional responsibility to ensure that the truck is safe for highway travel.
- Third Party Maintenance Company - If an outside maintenance company is negligent in its duties to repair or maintain a commercial truck, it may be possible to hold the company liable for damages.
- Truck or Equipment Leasing Company - A company that leases commercial trucks, trailers, or equipment is responsible for ensuring that the equipment is in good working order.
- Freight Loading Company - In many instances, truck drivers have no part in the loading of freight on their trucks. Freight loading companies are responsible for loading any cargo in a safe manner.
- Truck Operator Leasing Agencies - A company that leases truck drivers as independent contractors can be held liable if a driver isn't properly licensed or trained.
- Vehicle and Part Manufacturers - If a truck is involved in an accident as a result of a manufacturing or design defect, the responsible party can be held liable for damages.
- Government Agencies - If a truck driver is involved in an accident because a road was poorly designed, it may be possible to file a claim against the liable government agency.
Truck accident litigation is a complex and idiosyncratic process that requires an exhaustive understanding of the law and the determination to fight head-to-head with large trucking companies. If you have been injured or a loved one has been killed in a truck accident, our compassionate attorneys will work tirelessly to protect your rights. Serving individuals throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey, including Cherry Hill and Lancaster, a personal injury lawyer from our firm can provide expert legal counsel while helping you through the process of filing a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. We have the experience, resources, and wherewithal to determine liability and hold the negligent parties accountable for their reckless actions.
Contact a Cherry Hill or Lancaster-area Personal Injury Lawyer
It is in your best interest to seek legal counsel from an experienced personal injury attorney if you or someone you love has been involved in a truck accident. Contact our law firm today to schedule a free consultation with our Cherry Hill, Philadelphia, and Lancaster personal injury attorneys. A lawyer from one of our five office locations can review your case and devise an effective legal strategy.