If doctors and other medical professionals admitted their mistakes and did a better job of addressing the concerns of patients, we probably wouldn't need medical malpractice lawyers. Unfortunately, once a patient suffers an injury, those who are responsible often stonewall the patient. It usually takes an attorney's help to get the answers you need.
The lawyers at Soloff & Zervanos, P.C., represent patients who have suffered serious injuries due to medical negligence. To schedule a free consultation with one of our medical malpractice lawyers, please call 800-724-2323. We have offices in Philadelphia, Allentown, Reading and Lancaster in Pennsylvania and Cherry Hill in New Jersey.
When a physician fails to provide the appropriate standard of care, you may feel that your trust has been betrayed. Our lawyers will provide the legal and emotional support you need to get through this time.
Did Your Health Care Provider Meet The Standard Of Care?
When a doctor, nurse, pharmacist or other health care professional fails to meet the accepted standard of care, medical malpractice may be the result. Because medical malpractice typically happens to people who are already injured or ill, the outcome can be devastating.
The firm provides medical malpractice representation in areas such as:
- Birth injuries: Birth injuries such as Erb's palsy, cerebral palsy and brain damage due to oxygen deprivation may have been preventable.
- Misdiagnosis and delayed diagnosis of cancer: Prostate cancer, colon cancer and breast cancer may be curable if diagnosed and treated in time.
- Misdiagnosis of heart attack: If a doctor fails to order appropriate tests, the patient may die due to a fatal heart attack.
- Misdiagnosis of stroke: Failure to diagnose and treat a stroke at the earliest opportunity can have devastating consequences.
- Surgical errors: Mistakes such as leaving instruments in a patient's body or operating on the wrong part of a patient's body should never happen. Unfortunately, "never-happen" accidents happen every day in hospitals and surgery centers.
- Emergency room errors: Emergency rooms sometimes fail to provide appropriate care. One example is discharging a patient who has a life-threatening health condition.
- Medication errors: Medication errors such as prescribing the wrong medicine or the wrong dose of a medicine can have life-changing consequences.
- Radiology errors: When doctors misread information on X-rays and other images, patients suffer the consequences.
The right expert can make or break a medical malpractice case. We have a network of trusted medical experts that we have been working with as a team for over 35 years to help us investigate and prove medical malpractice.
Fighting For The Full Amount Of Compensation You Deserve
Medical malpractice can cause catastrophic injuries and wrongful death. Injured patients may need additional medical treatment, surgeries and long-term care. The medical bills will likely be too much to bear, even if you have health insurance. You may also be entitled to compensation for lost income, pain and suffering, disability and other losses.
Our lawyers often work with life-care planners and economic experts to demonstrate the physical, social and economic extent of your injuries. This allows us to accurately and effectively prove the value your losses and recover for you the full amount of compensation you deserve.
An example of our success:
$8 million wrongful death settlement to the estate of a 5-month-old child who suffered severe brain damage while being administered anesthesia during surgery. Soloff & Zervanos, P.C., was instrumental in helping to obtain this multimillion-dollar settlement against a major hospital in central Pennsylvania.
Contact A Medical Malpractice Attorney At Our Firm
For a free consultation with one of our Philadelphia medical negligence attorneys, please call 800-724-2323, or contact us online.