John M. Pumphrey
John M. Pumphrey
"Trying cases is not only a major part of what I do, it is truly my passion. I am obsessed with trial advocacy, constantly working to hone and refine my trial skills so that I can represent my clients to the best of my ability."
Mr. Pumphrey has been a civil trial lawyer for over 17 years. He specializes in the litigation of all forms of medical malpractice, construction site injuries, product liability, commercial and motor vehicle accidents and premises liability. In fact, he has successfully obtained several seven figure results for his clients who have been killed or seriously injured as a result of these kinds of cases.
Prior to joining Soloff & Zervanos, Mr. Pumphrey was a medical malpractice defense attorney who successfully defended hospitals, physicians and nurses in hundreds of medical malpractice practice cases throughout Philadelphia and surrounding counties, cases involving practically every branch and sub-specialty of medicine.
Mr. Pumphrey was the youngest lawyer appointed by former Governor Edward G. Rendell to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania's Medical Malpractice Insurance Crisis Task Force in 2002, an entity charged with creating comprehensive measures to address the issues of improving the availability of health care in Pennsylvania.
Mr. Pumphrey obtained his Masters Degree (LL.M.) in Trial Advocacy from the Temple University - James E. Beasley School of Law in 2009.
Mr. Pumphrey has been honored by his peers from 2014-2016 as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer by Philadelphia Magazine in the area of Personal Injury, a distinction limited to the top 5% of attorneys in this state.
Mr. Pumphrey has extensive trial experience, and he has successfully tried cases in both the state and federal courts in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Hospital, Medical, Nursing and Nursing Home Malpractice Litigation
- Construction Site Injury Litigation
- Product Liability Litigation
- Commercial and Automobile Accident Litigation
- Premises Liability Litigation
Honors and Awards
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer by Philadelphia Magazine in the area of Personal Injury, 2014 - 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania's Medical Malpractice Insurance Crisis Task Force, Appointed by former Governor Edward G. Rendell, 2002
- New Jersey
- Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- LL.M. - 2009
- Major: Trial Advocacy
- Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, Delaware
- Honors: Member, Moot Court Honor Society
- Law Review: Widener Law Symposium Journal